Friday, August 11, 2017

Meet the members of the National Ataxia Foundation, Northeast Ohio area support group - Jonathon Jamoral


Meet the members of the National Ataxia Foundation, Northeast Ohio area support group and the organizers of the 2017 Northeast Ohio Walk n’ Roll to Cure Ataxia. Find out who some of the people with Ataxia in Northeast Ohio are and find out the stories behind the disease and donate at http://www.ataxia.org/walk/NEOWalk to help them and others.
Below you can learn a little information about Jonathon Jamoral. He is an active member trying to raise Ataxia awareness. You can visit his Northeast Ohio Walk n' Roll to Cure Ataxia page and donate on his behalf to support the walk at https://ataxia.donorpages.com/WalknRoll201…/JonathanJamoral/
What is your name?
Jonathan David Jamoral-Hsia
When and where were you born?
I was born on February 6, 1994 in the Philippines.
What do you do for a living?
I work as a prep. cook at Western Reserve Academy in Hudson, OH.
Are you married and do you have children?
No.
When were you diagnosed with Ataxia? How and how has it changed your life?
I was officially diagnosed by my neurologist in 2015; but my family, friends, and I noticed a severe change affecting me when I hit puberty age (14-15). It has not affected my day to day life that much, I still go to work everyday, granted I take everything alot slower when i move (I also got a Rollator walker to help me with my mobility). But don't get me wrong, I do not let my disability stop me. My family and I accompanied some friends to a trip to visit Yellowstone, Badlands, and Grand Tetons last year.
Why did you become involved with the National Ataxia Foundation, Northeast Ohio area support group? Why and how are you helping with the NEO Walk n’ Roll to Cure Ataxia?
I got involved after my doctor diagnosed me with Ataxia. My family and I thought it would be a good idea to meet other people with the same dissability as me. It would also be a good way to socialize and make friends. I am helping out with the Walk and Roll because it would raise awareness to Ataxia, a serious dissability that doesn't get as much awareness.
Have you done any other current and/or past charity volunteer work?
I try to help out with volunteering as much as I can.
What ia a fun fact about you?
I love to try to experiment with cooking ingredients at home. I also like to cook for my friends and family while at home. I also play video games during my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment