Thursday, July 20, 2017

Meet the members of the National Ataxia Foundation, Northeast Ohio area support group and the organizers of the 2017 Northeast Ohio Walk n’ Roll to Cure Ataxia

Meet the members of the National Ataxia Foundation, Northeast Ohio area support group and the organizers of the 2017 Northeast Ohio Walk n’ Roll to Cure Ataxia. Find out who some of the people with Ataxia in Northeast Ohio are and find out the stories behind the disease and donate at http://www.ataxia.org/walk/NEOWalk to help them and others.
What is your name?
Mike Hammer
When and where were you born?
Pittsburgh, 1977
What do you do for a living?
Disability and freelance marketing and writing
Are you married and do you have children?
No I am not married and do not have children
When were you diagnosed with Ataxia? How and how has it changed your life?
I have had Ataxia since birth, I was diagnosed when about 4. It always affected me a little, made me trip and fall more, but in college is when I noticed more major problems walking. I began using a cane to walk about 10 years ago and will need a wheelchair soon
Why did you become involved with the National Ataxia Foundation, Northeast Ohio area support group? Why and how are you helping with the NEO Walk n’ Roll to Cure Ataxia?
I was on the National Ataxia Foundation e-mail list and found out about the Northeast Ohio group that Carmen started at the very beginning and was at one of the first meetings.
Have you done any other current and/or past charity volunteer work?
I have volunteered time to help some local arts and education organizations and nonprofits with publicity and marketing in the past.
Name one fun fact about yourself.
I used to host a college radio show called HAM RADIO

No comments:

Post a Comment